Bad Bad Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About MMORPGs

2 posters

Go down

About MMORPGs Empty About MMORPGs

Post  Princess of Flames Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:00 pm

I have a confession...

...I know close to nothing about MMOs. I guess I can safely say I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to RPing stuff like this (which brings up the question of "WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU START A FORUM ON A TOPIC YOU ARE CLUELESS ON CARISSA"), but does anyone want to educate me? I'd like to apply WoW concepts into this, if at all possible. Thank youuuuu <333

Some things I need to know:
How many abilities can a character have?
Are racial traits/abilities available from the beginning?
What sorts of items are generally available in MMOs?
What are common quests?

I feel like such a dummy now oTL
Princess of Flames
Princess of Flames

Back to top Go down

About MMORPGs Empty Re: About MMORPGs

Post  Susano-o's Magician Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:00 am

Hm, to answer your questions... it actually depends on the character class.

In a typical MMORPG there are multiple character classes/races that you can choose from, as the typical videogame allows (which consist of the typical human race, elves, demons, animal-attributes, etc) but there are certain ablilties that one class can have that another may not. In the beginning of most MMORPGs there are attributes available to the new player character that specializes with the race/class that they have chosen, and as they level up they can continue to master a variety of different abilities as well as the ones they excel in. For an example, we can say that Yosuke's created a character whose race specializes in wind based attacks and ninja-like skills (like in the P4 universe, of course), so there should be alteast one beginner attack that has either one or both of those attributes. Basically saying that he should have a special skill that has to do with that specific thing.

As for common items in MMOs, there's the typical armor that a character can receive - it's pretty much like when you purchase new weaponry for your party in P4. You might find items that assist with revivals (like holy waters, gels, phoenix downs... etc xD), strengthens your party during the more difficult things, and there are also those tricky treasure boxes that can not only be helpful but deadly at the same time. Other items could include clothing that you might receive from finishing off a dungeon boss, gold/gald/whatever currency you want to call it, and those random items like an angel's feather or something odd that usually doesn't make sense until it turns out to be something useful for a new event. There's also the chance that you can get a pet/animal as an item, if you happen to find one or receive one for a victory or something. XD Heck, I can imagine the Fox being that one animal that you can equip on your party to battle alongside you.

As for quests, they can differ between the type of difficulty. There are certain quests that only have to do with taking care of animals... to the possible quests of protecting a small village from a savage beast who's capturing young children for it's meals. Other quests also include bodyguard type things, like protecting a specific deity (who might be an NPC in the game) throughout a dungeon and even completing a rather troublesome dungeon can come across as a common quest. There really isn't an actual definition for a common quest seeing as it varies. Doing just about anything in a party that will take some time and concentration counts as a quest, to be honest ^-^

I hooope this helped? XD

Susano-o's Magician
Susano-o's Magician

http://backsideofthetv.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum